Professional Development Institutes & Webinars
Preparing students for an ever-changing 21st century world is no easy task.
Based on decades of experience and led by expert facilitators, LSF’s professional development workshops help educators transform their practice and link education to action in meaningful and engaging ways.
Our FREE 1 hour webinars are packed full of resources, tips and tricks for incorporating more outdoor learning, sustainability education, and more into your classroom practice, no matter your grade, subject, or experience.
For a deeper dive, check out our PD Institutes. These half-, full-, or multi-day PD workshops use experiential methods teach practical techniques for engaging your students with inquiry learning, outdoor learning, action-based learning, and more!
We look forward to learning with you!
REQUEST A WORKSHOP NEAR YOU!
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing protocol across Canada, we are now offering virtual professional development opportunities.
For further information on these and other PD events OR if you would like to request an Institute tailored to your jurisdiction, please contact Elaine at elaine@LSF-LST.ca.
- Oct 4: Introduction to Sustainability Education and the SDGs (gr. K-6)
- Oct. 7: Getting Started: Setting up for Outdoor Learning and a Sustainability Focus in your Junior-Intermediate Classroom (Part 2) (gr. 5-9)
- Oct14: Outdoor Learning, Sustainability, and the Virtual Classroom (gr. K-12) *Rescheduled from Sept. 14th
- Oct 19: Taking Learning Outside: What do Principals, VPs and School Eco-leaders Need to Know and Do?
- Oct 21: Sustainability, Math and Outdoor Learning- Problem-solving for People and the Planet (gr. 5-9)
- Oct 28: Getting Started: Learning Goes Outdoors-Part #2 (gr. K-6)
WEBINARS FOR NOVA SCOTIA EDUCATORS
- Sept 22: Webinar for Nova Scotia Educators: Outdoor Learning: Getting Started (NS g.r P-8)
- Oct 13: Taking Learning Outside: What do Principals, VPs and School Eco-leaders Need to Know and Do? (NS admins)
- Oct 27: Making Authentic Inquiry Work Outdoors (NS gr. P-8)
- Nov 3: Learning Outside in Cold Weather: Tips and Tricks (NS gr P-8)
I feel like I have a deeper understanding of the inquiry process because I was directly experiencing it in the Institute
This was the best use of my time in a long while - worth of going to many times over as the people attending help make the difference
It's great to connect with like-minded educators & to know even though we all have similar challenges, we can support each other to find creative solutions & offer advice when needed
It was the best learning experience for Inquiry-based leaning. I am now clear and more comfortable implementing inquiry while incorporating nature.